Monday, June 15

My First Fondant Cake!

I put this graduation cake together for the neighbor's middle school age daughter. This was my first time working with fondant, my classes haven't started yet but I did watch my Flawless Fondant DVD and I used some tips and the homemade marshmallow fondant recipe I found here. It was really pretty easy but very time consuming! I think the process will be much faster next time since I'll have a pretty good idea of what I'm doing.

Inspiration for the design of this cake was found at CakeCentral.com!


I was happy to have my big blue silicone mat. It made rolling out the fondant and covering the cake a little easier. Covering the cake with fondant was the trickiest part for me, I had Adam help me lift the blue mat and drop the fondant on, he did great!



13 comments:

  1. I know I already told you on fb, but it's too cute not to tell you again - great job!! I love this cake, it is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a cute cake! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cake looks amazing! I love all of the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cake is so whimsical and festive. I'm sure you're neighbors will love it! (or did love it :) ) Your hard work is evident.

    I found you on TasteSpotting and am writing to say that if you have any photos that aren’t accepted there, I’d love to publish them. Visit my new site (below), it’s a lot of fun! I hope you will consider it.

    Best,
    Casey
    Editor

    www.tastestopping.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks fantastic! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful cake! You did a wonderful job on it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL work!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is gorgeous! I can't believe it is your first time working with fondant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh, so cute. Now I have a question. Where or where did you get a hot pink kitchenaid? I have only seen the light pink ones (cook for the cure). It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for all the compliments!

    Shannon, The color is called Cranberry but I've heard rumors that it's been discontinued. My husband found it for me a few years ago. Maybe you'd have luck keeping an eye on Ebay though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute!!! I love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this cake!! It is such a perfect summer cake!

    ReplyDelete