Friday, June 5

It's Almost Time For Summer Vacation!

Our summer plans are shaping up!  My husband and I have gone back and forth on where we want to go this year.  We were looking for somewhere that was relatively close by, where we could relax on a beach and get our tropical fix in and do some exploring too.  Sooo Key West it is!  We have reservations at the gorgeous, historic Casa Marina!




This hotel is one of the few places in Key West with a beach. It's a little bit of a hike to Duval Street but that just means we can feel less guilty about all the yummy food we'll be eating.  

But I think the part I'm most excited about is our dinner at Latitudes!  This restaurant is so neat, it's on a private island just off Key West so you take their ferry over.  They have tables on the beach and at night they light tons of tiki torches.  Sounds cool, right?   


We're also going to do an uber cheesy ghost tour.  Key West has some great ghost stories, I've wanted to do the tour here for years!  I do most of my trip research by reading reviews on Trip Advisor and Yelp.  I love to look at the pictures other people have uploaded from their trip, it gives you a much more realistic idea of what to expect from a hotel or restaurant.  

Don't worry about the Naughty Yorkies, they will be well taken care of while we're gone! We'll be stopping by my parent's house in the mountains at the start of our trip to visit with Mom and Dad.  My parents are sweet enough to watch the babes while we're in Florida.  It's like yorkie summer camp!  

3 comments:

  1. Fun! We have friends getting married in Key West next spring, so I'll be looking forward to your review.

    We're going to make a longer vacation out of it than just for the wedding weekend because we will have been together ten years by then and we want to celebrate.

    Take lot's of pictures! Enjoy yourselves!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! I left you an award over on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stayed at Casa Marina last New Year's and it was definitely the best spot on the island! Beach is amazing! Have fun!
    -Bradley

    ReplyDelete