Tuesday, June 23

I'm taking a break from vacation hibernation to show you our trip to the smallest winery in America!


Adam and I spent this past weekend in the North Carolina mountains visiting my parents. Whenever we visit I love to go check out this cute local winery. So Saturday morning after Mom treated me to a hair cut at her favorite salon in town we went out to lunch and then stopped at Calaboose Cellars to do a wine tasting.

Look at the tiny building, this used to serve as a jail for the town. They've extended the jailhouse theme and given their wines some really fun names like Jail Bird Blueberry, Sweet Freedom and Up the River Strawberry Rhubarb.

After we sampled a few different wines and bought a couple of bottles to enjoy later, we headed outside to have a glass of wine on the deck. The deck has a pretty view of the tiny vineyard. Cheese and cracker snacks are set out to nibble on while you enjoy your drinks and you even get to keep your Cabaloose Cellars wine glass!



Check out our loot and you can see Mom and Dad's pretty mountain view! Wardin's White is my favorite!

Here's a not-so-great cell phone photo of Adam and I at Fires Creek on Father's Day. My posting will be a little sporadic for the next week or so. I'm still in the mountains and after we leave here we're headed to the Florida Keys! I'll keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment