Monday, June 8

Easy Cake for Aspiring Cake Decorators!

I saw this fun cake at Paige's Pantry, I love her cakes! After browsing her blog I realized I had already saved at least 3 of her photos in my favorites on CakeCentral.com

This cake looks impressive but it's really simple. Bake any 2 layer, 8 inch round cake. Use a box mix or a favorite recipe. Frost with homemade buttercream, or store bought frosting. Buy a stack of full size Kit Kat bars, I think I used about 13 bars, each pack had 4 pieces inside. I broke them into sections of twos. Pour a large bag of M&Ms on top, save about 2 handfuls to scatter around the base of your cake. Tie a ribbon around the center of the cake and you're done!

I made this for a little Memorial Day party at our house. I love that you can change the ribbon to coordinate with any theme. My only regret for this cake is I couldn't find a bag of red, white and blue m&ms. Maybe I'll have more luck as it gets closer to the 4th of July.

7 comments:

  1. You have my stuff saved on CC?! Wow. LOL! That is like a big pat on the back! Your Kit Kat cake came out great; I bet everyone loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute. Is it difficult to cut and serve?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. t's not too bad because all the kit kats are broken into pairs of twos. And the kit kats stick really well to the frosting, you don't need the ribbon to hold them together. There were m&ms falling all over the cake plate, but plenty of people were willing to help "clean" those up :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat idea! I'll have to try this sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS--I'm totally tweeting a link to this. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw this too! I made it for my son's 5th birthday and it was a hit! I used a moist buttermilk cake recipe and tinted the frosting green...but this was a fabulous idea and really got my mind to wandering on some new cake ideas!

    ReplyDelete