Saturday, June 6

Best. Appetizer. Ever.

Behold the Mango Chutney Cheese Ball!

I'm not toying with you, this may not have photographed spectacularly but it tastes incredible. Back away from the box of Knorr Vegatable Soup Mix, do not serve your guests another bread boule of spinach dip! This is just as easy and tasty. I think it's my official new go-to appetizer and that says a lot, because I don't like go-to recipes I prefer to try new things. Oh yeah, and I ususally think cheese balls are lame.

Aren't these little appetizer knives cute? My Partner in Crime Tina bought me a whole set of pretty beaded spreaders from Pottery Barn after she saw me drooling over them. So sweet! And the one in the background has a margarita on the end, strangely enough I also bought that one while I was with PIC Tina.

What you need:
  • 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 1 cup golden raisins
  • 1 package cooked bacon, crumbled
  • 1 bunch green onions, chopped
  • 3 tablespoons sour cream
  • 1 (9 ounce) jar mango chutney, the brand I used is Kerala Curry and I went for the HOT stuff. I found it at Harris Teeter.
In a medium bowl, stir together the cream cheese, raisins, bacon, green onions and sour cream. Form into a ball, and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight before serving. When you're ready to serve, you can divide into two balls like I did to fit better on my serving dish. Pour the mango chutney over cheese balls. Surround with bagel chips, I went to Trader Joe's and stocked up on 3 boxes of funky different crackers. We went through every single box at our get together.





No comments:

Post a Comment