Tuesday, May 19

Like my pretty new logo?  Here's the plan, every Tuesday I share a new favorite drink or shot recipe on the blog.   Tuesday is the perfect day because it gives me plenty of time to recover from the taste testing on the weekend :o)

My Tried and True White Sangria 

I clipped this recipe out of the St.Petersburg Times years ago and I can't count how many times I've used it since then.  Buy enough ingredients to double the recipe,  we almost always go through 2 or 3 pitchers.  And be careful because this Sangria sneaks up on you!

1 (750 ml) bottle dry white wine, like chardonnay
1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate
1/2 cup light rum
1/2 cup Triple Sec
1 (15.25 ounce) can pineapple tidbits packed in juices
1 large apple, cut into chunks
Starwberry slices, cherries, orange and lime slices or anything you'd like to use as garnish.
2 cups of lemon lime soda

Combine all ingredients in a pitcher, except for the soda, and refrigerate for at least a couple of hours or overnight.  When your first guests start to arrive then you can add the soda.  If you like a less sweet drink, use club soda instead of Sprite.  

17 comments:

  1. I'm a huge fan of white sangria! I love all the fruit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. Where am I? This blog is such fun. Thank you for having me. I will read along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! but I don't think we can get frozen lemonade concentrate in the UK. any alternative you could recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's a link to a recipe to make your own lemonade concentrate! I bet that would work, but I'd add it last and taste test as you add a little at a time.

    http://www.recipezaar.com/Make-Your-Own-Fresh-Lemonade-ConcentrateSyrup-64147

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love sangria and am always looking for a new recipe! This one looks great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh, FINALLY! I keep meaning to ask for your recipe. I <3 this blog already.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this sounds so good, can't wait to try it this summer! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great recipe - I tried it last night for a girls night dinner and it was a hit. I think this may have uprooted my watermelon and strawberry sangria as my favourite! Thanks for posting the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great photo! I like your website very much. I am waiting for new recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Potentially silly question: the pineapples and apples are the only fruit that you add to the sangria before you chill it overnight right? I assume they will not get mushy? Any other garnish that I add, I should add prior to serving? Hope that makes sense :)

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Potentially silly question: the pineapples and apples are the only fruit that you add to the sangria before you chill it overnight right? I assume they will not get mushy? Any other garnish that I add, I should add prior to serving? Hope that makes sense :)

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The apples and pineapples won't get mushy overnight. You can add fruit like cherries, blueberries, lemon, lime, and orange slices the night before too. If you wanted to add strawberries I might wait to add that with the Sprite. They seem like they could get mushy overnight and lose their bright red color.

    But the only fruit you *need* for this recipe is the pineapple and apples! They are more than enough!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for your response!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Actually, I have one other question...do you need to cover it when you chill it overnight? I am planning to buy a carafe to serve it in but those don't usually come with a cover. Unless I should put in in a pitcher that has a cover and then transfer it prior to serving?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The carafe will be so pretty for the Sangria! Go ahead and chill in the carafe, I'd just cover it with a peice of saran wrap.

    ReplyDelete