Saturday, May 23

Do you have a Morning Routine?

Just doing a few key tasks in the morning will set you on track for the whole day.   


I am addicted to good coffee...lots of good strong coffee.   Yum!


Here's what I do (most) mornings:

-Make the bed
- Bring a load of laundry downstairs, throw it in the washer
- Make coffee, chug coffee
- Open all the curtains and let some light in
- Unload the dishwasher, clean up any breakfast dishes
- After I do my hair and makeup I wipe down the counters and mirrors in the masterbath.  Do you read Fly Lady's website?  She is right on with the daily swish and swipe!
- Make a To Do list for the day and start chipping away at it.  




Just making your bed makes a huge difference in how your bedroom looks. Plus after I've made the bed I can't help but pick up any clothes of the floor and put away clutter! Thankfully I've mastered this habit, I'm addicted to shaking out the sheets and doing the pillow show every morning.

The morning routine is one of those things where you have to do what works for you.  So write down what you'd like to accomplish in the a.m. and give it your best shot for a of couple weeks. It should make life a lot easier and you'll feel so organized!  

1 comment:

  1. I agree, having a morning routine makes life less stressful. I also picked up the idea from Flylady's website. :) Mine just consists of making the bed, opening the curtains, swish and swipe, and throwing a load of laundry in the washer. Right when I come home from work, I throw it into the dryer. Viola! No more dreaded laundry day. lol

    ReplyDelete